If someone is suicidal and at risk of harming themselves or anybody else you have to get help immediately.
This could involve a number of actions:
- Call the police/ ambulance if they are threatening to harm themselves or someone else.
- Call 000 who will direct your call appropriately
- If they are safe to put into a vehicle and you are safe driving them , take them to your nearest Emergency Department. In Deniliquin the A&E telephone number is 58822800.
- Call MENTAL HEALTH LINE (ACCESSLINE) 24/ 7 Helpline 1800 800 944 or 1800 011 511 ( NSW Helpline for emergencies and which will ultimately give access to the local mental health service for ongoing support).
For more information on MENTAL HEALTH LINE (ACCESSLINE) click here
- You might have to hold – please be patient and ask for a call back if you do not want to incur the cost of the call.
- You can also call LIFELINE 13 11 44